This position will be a key contributor to KAM’s Additive Manufacturing/Design Engineering team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure consistency in approach and execution of performance improvements
- Collaborate with other leaders to develop and align departmental objectives which drive results and enable KAM to achieve its objectives
- Manage to ensure projects are completed on time
- Monitor projects from initiation through completion to ensure the end result satisfies established goals
- Provide feedback to senior management and communicates project status and technical information
- Inspire culture of empowerment and individual ownership of operational performance results while helping build and lead a culture of continuous improvement
- In partnership with Production Managers and Engineers, responsible for setting and achieving continuous improvement goals, including but not limited to: Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Be an active contributor within a team of engineers who perform the design, development, and testing of all facets of the additive process.
- Assess AM part candidates for material and equipment selection, manufacturability, design optimization, and how all those relate to a parts business case
- Generate optimized designs and build files to produce high quality parts in minimum time with maximum consistency
- Work with other engineers to help refine the design of existing parts and optimize new parts to leverage additive technology
- Work with Materials Engineers to investigate properties, geometric accuracy, and surface finish to develop optimal print parameters, heat treatments, and design allowables for existing and new alloys
- Assist in developing AM processes and technical specifications, metallurgical analysis, mechanical property testing, metrology and reverse engineering
- Analyze and evaluate factory manufacturing processes, systems, equipment and materials in terms of their associated cost, time, ergonomic, quality and quantity factors
- Assess part workflow throughout the manufacturing process to develop lean programs to support the manufacturing floor
- Ability to handle multiple competing projects simultaneously
- Ability to analyze complex problems, develop innovative solutions, and deal with ambiguity and frequent changes in priorities is required
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and ISO 9001 type activities
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Perform other duties asked or assigned
- Some travel is required
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Material Science or Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required.
- 2.5+ years experience with additive machines (powder bed or binder jetting a plus), including parameter development and process control
- Experience with additive simulation software
- Experience with topology optimization software
- Experience with FEA analysis
- 2+ years of experience in Siemens NX , or similar 3 D CAD software is required
- Hands-on experience with various additive and subtractive manufacturing and joining techniques for metals and polymers
- Experience with composites, high volume manufacturing processes, material science, and/or biomimicry desirable
- Able to work well in an integrated collaborative team environment
- “Leadership” DNA: Able to motivate and inspire the team to accomplish our goals
- Demonstrated technical project management experience with proven results
- Pragmatic and pro-active problem resolution skills required
- Highly self-motivated and able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Superior organizational skills, analytical skills as well as time management and prioritization abilities
- High standard of attention to detail required
- High level of confidentiality required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Valid Driver’s License and able to pass full background check and drug testing
- Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and drawings and to inspect machined parts closely
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work
- Able to lift 35 lbs. independently
- Stand, squat, kneel, or sit for extended periods of time
- Job Type: Full-time
Equal Opportunity Employer:
In order to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws and Regulations, KAM must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position. Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes and handled in accordance with policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive technical data controlled under U.S. Export Control Laws and Regulations without sponsorship for an export license.
Job Type: Full-time
Please fill out the KAM Employment Application and email to HR@kamsolutions.com
NO PHONE CALLS OR IN PERSON VISITS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
RECRUITERS OR PLACEMENT FIRMS SHOULD NOT RESPOND TO THIS POSTING IN ANY WAY.