This position provides technical support for creating and maintaining CNC programming along with continuous improvement of all manufacturing processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to read/comprehend high level engineering drawings along with GD&T
- Capable of creating CNC machining programs utilizing Siemens NX software
- Help evaluate, define, and implement CNC programs, tool selection, material evaluation, etc.
- Assist with the CNC fixture and tooling design using 3D CAD software
- Research, develop, define and improve manufacturing processes, methods and systems for products, fixtures, tooling, equipment and materials
- Support and implement new machinery/CNC strategy for improved production
- Develop and continuously improve manufacturing processes and systems
- Assist with setup instructions for all CNC equipment
- Collaborate with QA as necessary on setup and final inspection or any other inspection process that would be evaluating the manufacturing process
- Monitor projects from initiation through completion to ensure the end result satisfies established goals
- Provide feedback to senior management and communicates project status and technical information
- Inspire culture of empowerment and individual ownership of operational performance results while helping build and lead a culture of continuous improvement
- Prepare quotes for customer orders including cost, exceptions, special requirements, etc. efficiently
- Identify and assist with procurement of raw materials, tooling, fixtures, etc.
- Schedule CNC capacity and coordinate orders to optimize workflow and equipment utilization while assuring punctual delivery to customers
- Identify and implement CNC strategy to reduce cost, increase output, and meet customer demand
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Perform other duties asked or assigned
- Some travel may be required
- Minimum two-year technical degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a CNC shop with responsibility for quotes, scheduling, and programming
- Minimum 3 years of experience with 3D CAD/CAM software required with Siemens NX preferred
- Mazak equipment experience preferred
- Knowledge of various materials, cutting tools, work holdings, cutting parameters and heat treatments
- Superior organizational skills, analytical skills as well as time management and prioritization abilities along with a high standard of attention to detail required
- High level of confidentiality required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Valid Driver’s License and able to pass full background check and drug testing
- Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and drawings and to inspect machined parts closely
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work
- Able to lift 35 lbs independently
- Stand, squat, kneel, or sit for extended periods of time
Equal Opportunity Employer:
In order to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws and Regulations, KAM must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position. Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes and handled in accordance with policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive technical data controlled under U.S. Export Control Laws and Regulations without sponsorship for an export license.
Job Type: Full-time
Please fill out the KAM Employment Application and email to HR@kamsolutions.com
NO PHONE CALLS OR IN PERSON VISITS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
RECRUITERS OR PLACEMENT FIRMS SHOULD NOT RESPOND TO THIS POSTING IN ANY WAY.